Monday 6 July 2009

Chapter 19: A New Point Of View

Taylor's POV
I walk carefully down the stairs, placing a foot delicately on each one so as not to make a noise and wake anyone up. I had been laying silently on my bed for over two hours and had come to the conclusion that I wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight. I was waiting for her to come through the front door, Jen I mean. For the past few days she's been so distant and cold, it's so unlike her. Jen and I had been friends for years but we never quite got to the stage of being best friends up until a few months ago. I'd heard she'd been burgled and the guy had attacked her but it still gave me no reason as to why her and that little slut, Francesca had stopped talking. Jen always told me that they'd 'grown apart' or that they'd 'changed'. Something that mistified me more was why her and Carter had broken up. They always seemed like the perfect couple, always walking hand in hand, kissing and cuddling. Jen had always been a flirt, I noticed from afar that she was always with a different guy, all of them handsome and extremely wealthy but then Carter came along and whisked her off her feet, treating her like a princess. They fitted like two pieces of a puzzle slotted together. I guess it wasn't perfect after all. I ran into Jen in Starbucks one unusually sunny February afternoon. We got talking and somehow we've been virtually like sisters ever since. After the 'incident' at school both our parents decided we should get away and Jen expressed her wish to see her father. I suppose you already know this part, she met the guy. I could tell straight away by the look in her eyes that she wanted him and what Jen wants, Jen gets.
I walked over to the kettle, checking the amount of water left in it and pushing down the small black button that turned it on. I waited and made my cup of coffee, I'd always hated tea and the aroma of coffee was something of an afrodisiac to me. That was another thing, Jen was always getting desirable looks from men and well, I was just the friend. I was pretty but next to Jen I was always coming second best. Although when we walked into practice that day I locked eyes with a guy and do you know something? I think he may have actually looked at me as more than just the friend of the beautiful girl. I hope I get to see him again. Ohh, stop dreaming, he was probably only being nice. I sat down at the table and starting thinking and then came the worry. I was worried about Jen, for the past few days I had just hung around the house with the kids, playing games and taking the dogs for walks, kind of like a proper family although I knew I didn't really belong. I had only heard Jen come in once and that was the night of the accident and then I heard shouting and the front door slamming. I wanted to make sure she was okay but I knew she'd come to me in time to talk about things. I can only hope its soon.
I can't get this boy out of my head, I only remember his eyes. And to be honest they were brown and plain but they just spoke to me . . . . . . .
Small note: I wanted to bring Taylor back into it, but I'm not sure how it will go. I'll see what happens :-) Again thanks for all the comments :-D
Sorry it keeps squishing all my paragraphs together :-.

5 comments:

  1. its a good view but i have to say i forgot who she was till i started reading. it got confusing i dont really see how she fits in to jen and jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh, you'll see where I'm going with this in my next post :-P Right now it's strange but don't worry it'll be clear later lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sort of a twist in the tale :-P *evil grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want the story to become too predictable, so I want to bring in some surprises and spice it up a little :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok. cant wait till your next post

    ReplyDelete