Wednesday 1 July 2009

Chapter 18: I'll Talk. You Listen

When he said ''Lets do this the right way'', I automatically assumed he'd meant sex, but after whispering in my ear telling me how beautiful I was he stopped. He looked at me. Gathered me into him and sat down, pulling me onto his lap. I felt his heart racing. I burried my head deeper into his chest wanting to feel this secure for the rest of my life.





''Tell me what happened, everything. I need to know. If we're going to be together there can be no secrets. Not one.'' He said gently as he stroked my hair in a soothing rhythm, front to back.



It was simple. I talked, he listened. As I spoke I felt his grip on me tighten, his heart beating even faster as I continued. When something was troubling me, I turned to sex. When I was with Carter, he wouldn't question my motives. Using my stress as his ecstasy, he knew if something was wrong but never once did he stop to ask me, I came to the conclusion that he was using me. This was the first time I had ever really talked with anyone, and I felt release. A feeling I'd only ever gotten with sex before now. This was new and I was enjoying the feeling. I let my emotions flow out as words not actions.

''What do you want to do about it?'' There it was, the question I knew was coming but I hadn't had the chance to think about. I knew Carter deserved to be punished for what he did and I knew that if he hurt someone else, I'd be plagued with guilt. But on the other hand, I wasn't sure if I could handle a court case, everything being dragged out in public, our old relationship on show for the world to see.

''I need to think about it. It'll take me some time but eventually I'll make a decision. If I do decide to take him to court, promise you'll support me? It's alot to ask but -'' I was stopped mid sentence by Jordan's lips on mine. I knew he'd be there for me.

''Right now I want to kill him. No man should ever beat a woman. It's just wrong, very wrong. If you decide to go through with it, you'll always have me.'' He said in a deep calm voice. It was conforting, to know I had his support.

I moved my head to look him straight in the eyes. I wanted to sleep with him, not in the sexual sense but I wanted to go to sleep with his arms wrapped around me and wake up the next morning still with him next me. This was also something new, beforehand waking up with Chuck made me feel a little sad, probably because I thought this was what my life was going to like. But I knew with Jordan there was a world of endless possibilities.

I unraveled myself from his arms and undressed. Sliding onto the king size bed, I pulled back the maroon coloured bed sheets and climbed in beside Jordan who had cheekily gotten in before me, I immediately felt him pull me into him. I was safe. Although the question still bore into my mind. What was Carter's motive for coming here?




Just a small note: Sorry this chapters so short, this next few will be longer :). I love the comments from everyone, they really are inspiring. Keep them coming :). I'm still working on my new story, I haven't posted it yet because I'm not entirely happy with it yet, so I'll keep to posted on that :)

Thanks again for all the wonderful comments :D.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, suspenseful ending.. ahh!

    Looking forward to what you have planned.. :-)

    ReplyDelete