Friday 26 June 2009

Chapter 17: Letting Go

I'm starting a new story but don't worry this will still be my main one, hopefully i'll get the first few chapter up in the next few days :) Again, thanks for all the comments :D.

It keeps squashing up my writing at the bottom, sorry guys :(.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .





Jen's POV



''You heard what I fucking said,'' Jordan spoke, getting right up into Carter's face. I knew that I'd have to expalin everything to him and I also knew that it'd make Jordan very mad. The guys standing further down the corridor obviously noticed the confrontation and made their way towards us.


''I think you better leave,'' Sid interjected whilst getting in the middle of Jordan and Carter. I watched as Carter shot me a look, one that told me this wasn't going to be the last I saw of him.


''Alright, alright, I'm going,'' Carter shook his head slowly and held his hands up which I noticed were extremely sweaty. I was surprised. This was not the Carter I knew. The Carter I knew never backed down from anything or anyone. I was also worried. Worried about what he had up his sleeve, I knew he was planning something, I just had to figure out what it was.


As Jordan turned to look at me, I could see that he was worried aswell, not worried about Carter but worried about me. My emotions were all over the place, and I burst into tears, for the second time in two consecutive days. What was happening to me? I never cried, not ever. As the tears streamed down my face like rapidly flowing river, I felt strong arms wrap themselves around me, I burried my head in his chest and let him hold me. We just stood there for what seemed like forever. It was at this point I realised, I was falling for him.


I looked at him and as he knew what I was thinking. He plainly told me to wait for him at his SUV after the game. That was it. I walked up the stairs making my way to the box, where I'd been told I was sitting. I sat down next to Liz.
''I'm so sorry Jen but your dad's doctor just called, he's only up to seeing one visitor tonight. I know you wanted to see him, too make sure he's ok for yourself but I'm sure he'll call tonight anyway,'' She said as I turned and looked at her, this news had no affect on me, our bond wasn't strong enough yet for me to care. This in itself was upsetting for me. I had no feeling towards him.
''Fine.'' I stated. No other words could be said.
I concentrated on the game infront of me, watching number 11 like a hawk. I could tell he was frustrated, he was skating with an intensity unmatched by any other player on the ice. It was a turn on, plain and simple. By the end of the game we had won, 3-1. Jordan getting a goal and an assist. I waited for around 10 minutes, just sitting in my seat, sipping some ice cold water from a bottle before making my way to the car park. He was already there, and the engine was running.
I got in and silently we drove, not daring to look in each others directions. I needed a release. I knew exactly what I wanted.
''Take me to your appartment,'' I said. Trying to make clear what I wanted. I was emotional and I needed to get it all out in the only way I knew how.
''I think we should talk about what happened,'' He looked at me with an unreadable expression on his face.
''You don't understand, I deal with things this way.'' His eyes were concentrated on the road, he made no attempt at replying but I hoped he caught my drift.
Following the route to his front door, the same one we had taken the night before. We entered his appartment. I slid off my shoes and jacket, him doing the same. He walked up the hallway to the familiar bedroom.
He looked at me, in his eyes I saw compassion, he wanted me but not in a hungry way. He moved towards me painfully slowly. Brushing a small strand from behind my ear, I felt him nibbled at my ear.
''Let's do this the right way,'' His breath was hot and it made me moan just feeling him so close to me. He caught my moan in a kiss so passionate, I was sure I'd never feel something like this ever again. I wrapped my arms around his neck, running them through his hair. He brought a hand up and brushed my cheek.
''You are so beautiful.'' He whispered softly.

3 comments:

  1. Aww... how sweet... But he's ignoring the issue! She needs to tell him about Carter. Who sounds evil... Is he evil?

    Awesome chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Heather, your comments always make me giggle. :-)

    But I totally agree, they are ignoring the issue... but I understand not wanting confrontation. And I need to know more about this Carter guy, ugh it's getting to me.

    Update soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know after the jordan vs carter situation you arent goint to leave us hanging!but sex isnt the best way to deal with what just happened! ahh i need the next chapter! i cant stop reading

    ReplyDelete