Sunday 3 May 2009

Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Here goes nothing . . .

My name is Jennifer Bylsma. I am 18, yes at this point I should just be graduating high school but I made a mistake, a big mistake. I'd rather not go into what happened, but here I am with my best friend Taylor on a plane to Pittsburgh, Pensylvania. My parents were only together a short while, when my mother found out she was pregnant. Her being the beautiful Italian model and my father, the hockey superstar. I was going to rip that pretty little picture appart. Soon after I was born my parent split up and my mother moved to New York where she married into money. My step-father accepted me as his own child but this was never enough, I needed my real dad. I always felt like a part of me was missing, like half of my heart was cold. I guess this has affected me in love aswell. Always up for a fling, never ready to fall in love. I suppose you could say it's a curse - not knowing how to love.

When my parents split, it was decided my father would be absent in my life. Something which I wish had never happened. I always knew who he was but I'd never had more than 2 phone calls in all my life. He had married and I knew he had four children, perhaps I didn't fit into his proper family.

In the fall I would start college - Yale to be exact. I'm the girl no one really expected to do anything except to be a model and marry an Upper East sider. I myself am an Upper East side girl. Yes, I suppose you've heard the rumours but we're not all as bad as you think - well perhaps I am. To be honest, I'd much rather stay in with my friends than go out partying but I have an image to uphold as the party girl that everyone wants to be friends with. Right now I'm sick of all that, I just want to find a nice guy and settle down - HA! Fat chance of that ever happening - not with my track record.

My last conversation with my father took place last night, I had informed him that my best friend and I were coming to stay with him until the end of August. Just so you know my dad's Dan Bylsma, the head coach of the Pittsburgh Penguins. He seemed glad that I was coming, I told him that it was time we got to know each other, that we had wasted enough time being apart. He told me that he would love for us to come and stay with him. I suppose it helps that I'm a big ice hockey fan, although the Rangers are my team.

I decided a few nights ago that it was time to find the other part, to warm my heart - so to speak. I was ready to find love, perhaps Pittsburgh would be the place to start looking.

I must off dosed beacuse the next thing I knew I was being awoken by Taylor.

''Come On Jen, we've landed.'' she said.

''Alright, give me a minute to get my stuff.'' I replied.

With that we trotted down the steps of the jet and into the awaiting car. I was starting a journey that would change my life . . . .







No comments:

Post a Comment