Saturday 23 May 2009

Chapter 9: Disaster

This is quite a short chapter, I'm just back from Ireland and I'm very tired but I wanted to post an update because I haven't updated in a few days. Expect 2 longer chapters on Tuesday as I don't have school and I'm planning to write quite a bit :D. Thanks again for the comments there greatly appreciated, keep them coming :).

Again sorry for the speaking parts, it keeps squishing all the words up :(.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


As she spoke those words images flashed through my eyes and thoughts filled my head.

''Whh..att happened?'' I said.

''It's your dad, he was on his way to pick you up and he got hit side on by a drunk driver, you have to come to the hospital now!'' She exclaimed.

''Is he ok?!! I can get someone to take me.'' I barely managed to string a sentence together. I had only just met my father and now I had to face the possibility of him being taken from me again.

''It's touch and go, just get here!'' Liz said loudly, I could hear the despair in her voice. I couldn't face listening to her and hung up. I was overwhelmed with pain, something I hadn't felt before. I think they call it grief.


Jordan's POV
When she answered her phone, her face turned a shade of white I'd never seen before. I knew something was wrong and as she spoke the words ''Is he ok?'' they just seemed to confirm what I was thinking.
''Speak to me Jen! Whats happened???'' I heard myself saying.
''The hospital, I need to get to the hospital!! My dad's been in an accident.'' She said.
''I'll take you,'' I heard someone say from behind me, I could only assume it was Sid.
''No! I will,'' The words sprinted out of my mouth.
She seemed to know that I wasn't up for argueing and nodded at me knowing that I wanted to be there for her. I had only met this girl a week ago and I was already feeling a strong connection to her. As we got in the car in complete silence my thoughts were running a mock. This wasn't the time for me to make a move but I couldn't stop my eyes from glancing at her, flowing over her gorgeous body.
Jen's POV
I was glad when Jordan offered to take me to the hospital. Don't get me wrong I like Sid but I felt comfortable around Jordan. As we walked over to his car and got in, my thoughts switched from my fathers health to Jordan. I caught him looking at me, at first I thought he was looking at me in a concerned manner but as his eyes drifted over my body lingering a little too long in certain places - I decided he was infact checking me out. STOP! Jen, your fathers in hospital and your thinking a stupid guy!
''I think thats Liz standing over there,'' Jordan said whilst pulling into a parking space next to the entrance. I opened the door and ran over to where she was standing.
''Is there any news?!!'' I said erracticaly, waiting for the answer I was praying for.
''Hes going to be ok. He's got a punctured lung, and fractured collar bone but the doctors think he'll make a full recovery.'' Liz said. There it was, exactly what I wanted to hear.
''He's going to get better!'' I blurted out whilst running to Jordan, jumping into his arms before I realised what I was doing. I knew we had a lot to talk about . . . . . . .

1 comment:

  1. wow... Awesome chapter. I'm glad Jordan was there... Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete