Wednesday 6 May 2009

Chapter 5: Playing The Field

Here's the next chapter, posting it a little earlier than I intended. I hope you guys leave comments telling me what you think :D.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


When morning came the next day, thoughts were rushing through my head. I had slept soundly the night before, mentally preparing myself for the day ahead. I got up and showered quickly, dressed myself in a pair of blue skinny jeans and a black Abercrombie & Fitch t-shirt. I decided that I wasn't going to intimidate him by wearing flats so I put on black Louboutin heels. I felt like I was ready to conquer the world - only I wasn't, my nerves were overcoming me. My dad had told he'd like me to come to practice to today, so I could get to know what he did for a living. I was only to happy to start my game playing in his neck of the woods. Hitting him where it hurts, so to speak - or so I thought. Getting in the car and driving to the arena only made my nerves worse - I had to stop thinking about him.

''Jen, is anyone in there? Lets go inside and you can sit in the stands and watch.'' my dad joked as he waved a hand infront of my face.

''Sorry, I was dreaming,'' I said.

As I sat watching the players come onto the ice I was mesmerised by how fast they could skate on the ice, them being such big guys and all. Hockey had always been something I'd shared with my step dad. We'd go to all the Rangers games, he'd teach me the players names and how the game work. Even as I grew older I still loved the time spent there. When he became ill, he'd always tell me to keep going to the games and to remember all the times we'd spent together, he said that when he was better we'd go back just the two of us. Although that day never came, when he left hospital he became a different person. People change sometimes for the worse. I was interupted by a cold hand on my shoulder.

''Hey, I'm Sidney, Sidney Crosby, you must be Jen?'' a voice said.

''Ohh hi, yea thats me. You're the captain right?'' I said with a sweet smile.

''Yes, I think we should probably go into the locker room since practice is over.'' he said with an over the top grin.

At that we walked round the rink and came to an open gate. As we passed someone came to sudden halt, all the while spraying me with soaking wet ice. I was drenched, my top especially. I bet I look very intimidating now.

''I'm so sorry, I can't apologise enough. I really didn't see you!'' a large manly voice said.

''It's ok, really I'm fine.'' I repeated while brushing myself off but I was still dripping from the neck down.

''Come on, I'll get you something to change into, a practice jersey or something,'' Sidney announced.

We ran down the corridor and into a cupboard where Sid began pulling out all sorts of items until he came out with a top that had the number 87 on the sleeves and Crosby written in big bold letters across the back. It seemed as though he was marking me although I knew he wasn't. He pointed to a room and motioned for me to go inside. As turned to walk away he muttered that he'd wait for me back at the cupboard. When I opened the door to the room, I figured it must be the treatment room - with a bed and medical equipment. I backed into the room, shutting the door and pulling off my dripping wet top when I heard a voice behind me.

''Excuse me, can I help you?'' a cold voice questioned.

I turned around and there he was.

Jordan's POV
When I heard the door shutting I decided it was probably a good idea to go check who had just entered. When I rounded the corner I knew exactly who it was but my first instinct wasn't to let on I knew it was her, so I asked the most stupidest question ever. Can I help you? Great! What a gay thing to say. She turned around and I noticed she was just standing in her black lacy bra with a t-shirt in each hand. I took two strides towards her and her eyes danced over my chest, I wasn't wearing a shirt and her gaze drifted down over my toned abs. Noticing me looking at her, she averted her eyes to mine. I wanted her.
Jen's POV
He came towards me but I couldn't take my eyes of his conditioned athletic body, those abs were making me drool. I moved my eyes to look at his and we held each others gaze until he moved further towards me and put his hand on the small of back, pushing me up against the door. He began kissing behind my ear and planting kisses down my neck, I ran my fingers through his hair as my leg started to wrap around his waist. Then it hit me. I had to get out of there. I snaked out from beneath his arms, shoved on a t-shirt and ran. He has a girlfriend! I told myself this over and over again but nothing could stop me from wanting more, but I have self control and plenty of it . . . . . .

6 comments:

  1. wow! awesome chapter! the cliff hangers on your chapters are great! update soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that last bit was steamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lauren.. definitely steamy!
    It's nice to see that she has self-control..
    I myself think it would be a tad bit difficult. :-) lol
    I'm definitely liking reading both POV's as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh !!
    i loved it
    GO PENS (:

    ReplyDelete