Sunday 24 May 2009

Chapter 10: Thinking it Over.

This chapter is mostly about Jen and Jordan's thoughts and feeling towards each other, giving a clearer view into their thoughts because I felt I wasn't being clear on their view on things. Hope you like it :) Leave some comments just to let me know someones reading it lols :).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


''I'm going back inside but we'll talk soon, right?'' I questioned half wondering that if he said no would it hurt me? or would it be a little relief that he was one less person I wouldn't have to deal with.

''Yea, I'm sure i'll see you at the arena soon,'' He said while turning and walking back towards his car. I could hear the disappointment in his voice, I think he wanted me to go with him but I couldn't - simple as that.

A part of me wanted to let him in. Somehow my heart was willing but my head was telling a whole different story. I had never been in a proper relationship before, partly because I was afraid of putting myself in a situation where I could get hurt. I had been broken, once and only once before and I wasn't prepared for it to happen again. I fell in love with a boy who I knew only wanted a fling but I fell deeper and deeper until one day he pulled my world out from under me and broke my heart into tiny pieces. Cheating on me with my best friend. From that day on I couldn't trust anyone, not even my closest friends.

In the short period of time I had known Jordan, I was certain about two things. The fact that everytime I saw him I got butterflies and little acrobats jumping up and down in the pit of stomach. And to be quite frank with the second one, I wanted him. I couldn't lie to myself and this was the truth I Wanted Him. I knew it and I was almost sure he did too. But was I willing to put myself on the line for him? I suppose what they say is true - love grows with time. I had decided that I was going to take a risk - you only live once.


Jordan's POV
I was disappointed. She basically brushed me off back there. Although I had to understand what she was going through, her father and my coach being seriously ill in hospital, I had to back off and give her time. One good thing had come of this night though, I was well rid of Heather, no doubt she'd try to worm her way back in at some point but just now she was out of my life and I was definately happy about that.
I decided giving Jen space was the right thing to do. No matter how much I wanted her, I had to let her breath or else she'd only resent me for it later. Thinking this didn't supress the urge to turn back, take her home and have my way with her. It was all I could think about, all I wanted to do at this moment in time. I was being totally selfish but I didn't care. Jordan, you'll get her soon, just calm down. And there it was, that little voice in my head telling me to keep driving, go home and take a shower - a very cold one.
At that point I saw someone running up behind my car as I waited to get out of the parking lot. The passengers side door opened and there she was.
''You forgot to say goodbye,'' She said getting into the car with a little smirk on her face and a sparkle in her eyes . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2 comments:

  1. Sorry it took so long for me to comment, don't think we don't like your writing, because that would be a lie. :-) But my sisters boyfriend of 6 years dumped her, and my house is pretty much mass hysteria right now. :-S I'm sure you can only imagine..

    Okay, anyways, your story..
    Whoo, good for her!
    I'm glad she's going after what she wants. :-)

    ReplyDelete