Monday 4 May 2009

Chapter 2: Arriving

This is the where the story starts, any opinions on this would be great :).

. . . . . . . . . . .

As we drove through the streets of Pittsburgh, I was mesmerised by how different it was to New York. I liked change and this was definately what I needed at this point. A chance to find myself.

When we came to a stop the driver opened the door.

''Ladies this is the Mellon Arena, inside your father will be conducting practice.'' he said.

''Emm ok, do we just go inside and look for him?'' I said in reply.

''Well yes, security will know your coming and they will tell you where to go.'' he drawled.

''Fine.'' I said a little to harshly.

I noticed that we were getting strange looks from the people around and decided that we should hurry quickly to door with two men standing beside it. After giving us directions on where my father would be the men stepped to the side and we walked inside.

''Ok, so the guys said that we were to follow the corridor to the end and turn right onto the side of the rink, am I right?'' I questioned Taylor.

''Yea, at least I think thats what they told us,'' Taylor said.

''Lets go then!'' I exclaimed.

After a few minutes of following the long drawn out corrider we turned right and out onto a large bright rink. Home Sweet Home, I thought to myself. I looked around and saw three tall males in penguins jacket and decided to approach them thinking one of them must be my father.

''Dad?'' I asked.

They turned round and I saw him, for the first time in person. My dad. He was really here, right infront of me.

''Jennifer, thank God you made it safely!'' he said a little to loudly.

The next thing I knew he was pulling me into a bear hug and muttering that he had waited so long to see me. Yea right, why didn't you just get on a plane and see me?

''Guys get over here, I want you to meet my daughter!'' he shouted.

All of the people who were skating on the ice glided over the where we were standing and looked on intently.

''This is Jennifer, my daughter and Taylor her best friend. They'll be staying with me for the rest off the season and the summer, be nice to them.'' my dad said triumphantly.

''Woah, coach has a beautiful daughter!'' a tall dark haired boy joked.

I just smiled at that remark, I knew I was fairly pretty but definately not beautiful. At that point I looked out to the right and saw a taller blonde haired boy with the most dazzling eyes, he shot me a devilish grin, I returned it with a wink - perhaps this wasn't going to be as bad as I had previously thought . . . .

2 comments:

  1. great chapter! I love Jordan! lol
    Keep it coming, can't wait to see what you have planned! :) Go Pens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to see what happens with this story! check our my stories i have! i have one of Jordan as well! good luck with this and can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete