Sunday 17 May 2009

Chapter 8: Uncomfortable Truths

Hey :) Sorry for the long wait for the update. I've been really busy lately but I hope you guys like it :D. I'm flying to Ireland on Thursday for my aunts wedding so hopefully i'll get an update posted before then :). Please leave comments with your opinions 8-).

It won't let me space things properly : So excuse the fact that all the talking is scrunched up, it's extremely frustrating.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Just being there with him made me feel like everything was going to be ok. Even though inside I knew that they really weren't. As the hot tears slid down my face, I turned and looked at him. Staring back at me was a lost little boy, looking for the right direction to go in. I knew he was going to have to choose between Heather and I. I didn't want to force that choice upon him but the way I felt at that moment I knew I couldn't share him with another woman. She probably loved him - who was I kidding? To her, he had $$$ written across his forehead.

''She doesn't love you.'' I found myself blurting out. My thoughts had just come pouring out of my mouth. He nodded in reply. Perhaps he would break up with her and we'd be together? Yea ok, stop kidding yourself.


Jordan's POV
''She doesn't love you.'' Jen randomly said. My heart lept into action. Seeing her crying infront of me pulled at my heart strings. I knew Heather didn't love me but she was a nice girl and I didn't want to hurt her. Although thinking about it, my family didn't like her and she was always forcing me to buy her things. She was always making me feel guilty for being away so often and was never there when I needed her support. I had made my mind up, I was breaking up with her. Doing it for me not because I had an uncontrollable desire for someone else.
''Give me 10 minutes, stay here, do not move,'' I said, getting up and looking at Jen. She just looked at me with those beautiful eyes and I knew she understood what I was about to do.
Running downstairs to where Heather and Sid were still sitting. I walked into the room and looked directly at her.
''We need to talk. In the kitchen.'' I said calmly but sternly. Looking her straight in the eyes at the same time.
''Yea, in a minute babe,'' She said sweetly giving me her puppy dog eyes that usually worked on me but not this time.
''No. Now.'' I said showing authority in my voice. I never spoke to anyone like this but somehow this situation justified the tone I was using. Looking at me with a worried look in her eyes she got up and followed me into the kitchen. Sid just looked at me - he was speechless.
''Usually I'd sit down and talk to you but I'm getting straight the point. It's over. Has been for a long while. We just never admitted to each other. I suggest you leave and don't call me again - ever!'' Ok, so maybe I'd been a little harsh but she'd been using me for my money for the past year.
''Whats brought this on sweetie?'' She said trying to weasel her way out of the situation.
''Nothing, I just realised something.'' I said bluntly.
''Wait a minute, it's that bitch upstairs isn't it? She's fucking said something!'' Heather screamed in my face.
Jen's POV
I heard screaming downstairs and overheard reference to me. I wasn't just going to stand by and let her say things about me and not stick up for myself. I darted downstairs.
''I'm a bitch? You obviously need to take a good hard look in the mirror, hunny,'' I shouted in a sarcastic tone. Jordan was looking at me with pleading eyes. I could tell he didn't like all the shouting. Just as Heather turned, ready to hit me - my phone rang.
''Hello,'' I said.
''Jen, it's Liz, theres been an accident . . . . ''

2 comments:

  1. oh gosh! you have to update this soon! awesome chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, cliffhangers!
    Love writing them, but I'm pretty impatient when I'm on the other side of things, so update soon!! :-)
    And Ireland..?! I'm so jealous.. haha Have fun!
    Great chapter.

    ReplyDelete