Sunday 10 May 2009

Chapter 6: Going Cold Turkey

This isn't the chapter I originally wanted to put up today but I can't decide on an ending for the one I'm excited about so I'll ask my friends there opinion and then I'll post my exciting chapter tomrow :). Hope this ones ok for now. Let me know what you think :D.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .


''Jen! Wait up,'' I turned around and there was Sid running toward me like a little puppy dog.

''Sorry I ran away. Could you give me a ride home?'' I asked, praying I wouldn't run into Jordan again.

''Yea, no problem.'' he said.

We walked to his car and he gracefully opened my door, aww, thats so cute. As we rode through Pittsburgh, I couldnt help but wonder what would happen now, would I just be expected to stay silent about what happened? Could I control myself and stop it happening again? Great another mess I've got myself in. I came to Pittsburgh to find my father and figure myself out not to get caught up in a love triangle. Ohh god, what am I gonna do!

We rounded the corner into what I'd come to know as the community of Sewickly, PA. I hope I'll come to like it at some point.

''Thanks for the ride,'' I said, as I turned to get out Sid grabbed my arm. I looked round and he had grin on his face. He has exceptional eyes, I could get lost in them.

'' I was wondering if you wanted to come over to Lemieux's tonight? We could hang out, watch a film - that kind of thing?'' He spoke calmly and politely.

What the hell, go have some fun!

''Actually, I'd love too, should I come over around eight?'' I sayed with a stupid grin plastered across my face.

''Yep, that'd be great. Can't wait!'' He exclaimed. He really is like an excited little puppy.

I gently closed the door and waved as he drove off. I had a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach, like I was doing something wrong - Its not like I have a boyfriend, I reminded myself. But the feeling didn't subside. I shoved it to the back of my mind, as I walked through the front door.

''Hey Jen!'' Someone called from the kitchen.

I wandered on through until I found Liz sitting at the table, drinking coffee. She pointed to the chair opposite her. I sat down infront of her.

''So was that Sidney Crosby's car I saw you getting out of?'' She asked with an expectant look on her face.

''Ehh, yea it was. He asked me to hang out with him tonight.'' I answered.

''Really? Aww, hes such a sweet boy. He's been carrying the weight of the NHL on his shoulders for the past 3 years. It's time he has some fun.'' She said with a sad look on his face.

''I suppose I'd better show him a good time then,'' I joked as I got up and started to leave the room.

''Dont break his heart Jen.'' Liz said in half joking, half serious tone in her voice.

I walked to my room and began pulling outfits from my wardrobe. What do I wear? I've never really just hung out with a boy before. When Liz called asking what I wanted for dinner, I decided I wouldn't have any - I'm so nervous I don't think I can keep it down. I ran the water and stepped into the shower. The days events running through my head. I was in a real mess. I'd deal with the Jordan situation when the time came but right now I had to think about what I wanted my night with Sid to turn out like. I dried my hair and let the waves fall down my back. After much deliberation I decided on navy jeans and a Rock & Republic t-shirt. I put on my cream Chanel ballet flats and ran downstairs.

''Dad, would you mind driving me to Sids?'' I asked sweetly.

''Sure.'' He said bluntly.

We got in the car and I swear we sat the whole car ride in absolute silence. Not a word spoken in any direction until we reached Sids.

''I'll pick you up 12, be ready.'' He said.

With that I got out and slammed the door, running up Sid's path to the door and knocking on it.

''Hey, come in - I invited a few other people aswell.'' He said brightly.

I walked into the living room and saw Jordan sitting up against the couch with a girl on his lap - kissing his neck. I froze. So thats how he wants to play it, this was war and I wasn't prepared to lose . . . . . . . .

2 comments:

  1. loveee thiss (: its so good. i can't wait to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling this movie night is about to get very interesting...

    ReplyDelete