Wednesday 6 May 2009

Chapter 4: Coming To My Senses

This is one of the shortest chapters I'll write - I love writing longer ones but I'm a bit short on time tonight - sorry :(. I'll write a much longer one tomorow because thats when everything really gets going. I'm going to start switching between POV's, good idea or not?
Thanks again for all the comments keep them coming :).

I hope you guys will stick with me on this one :)

It won't let me take a new line for the speaking at the bottom, so sorry It's all squished.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


As we brought the strawberries and cream through from the kitchen I couldn't help but notice him looking at me, as if he wanted to say something but couldn't find the words.

''Thanks guys.'' my father said as we entered the dining room.

''Not a problem,'' Jordan replied with a smirk.

As we began eating our desert I decided I would have a little fun with Jordan - play some mind games. I knew he was watching me so I began licking the cream off each strawberry, flicking my tongue ever so tantalising over each individual one - his expression said it all.




Jordan's POV

I had been very relieved when we left the kitchen silently, I could feel the atmosphere heating up around us. I kept reminding myself that I'd only just met this girl, she could be psychotic for all I know. When she began licking the strawberries my mind raced, thoughts started to appear in my head - ones I knew were wrong but I couldn't help myself. I bet she knows exactly what she's doing to me.

''Well, if we're all finished here I think we should head into the living room for some drinks.'' Dan said, interupting my thoughts.

''If you don't mind I'd like to go up to my room to finish unpacking my clothes?'' She said.

''Yes, I don't see why not.'' Dan replied.

As she left the room I knew I needed to speak to her. Then I rememebered- Heather! I shouldn't get involved with anyone else, I love Heather. Well at least I think I do.



Jen's POV
I really needed to unpack my clothes but to be honest I couldn't be bothered. I lay on my bed thinking of him. Ughh, he's just a guy Jen, get him out of your head. At that thought I found myself sweating, why was I sweating? Is this what I'm going to be like around him? I decided I must go for a shower, so I undressed and turned on the water and let it glide over me - this was just what I need. When I came out of my bathroom Ruby was sitting on my bed. Ughh, what does she want?
''I saw you looking at him.'' she said calmly.
''W-Who?'' I stuttered, shocked at what she was saying.
''Jordan, you two were trading hot glances all night.'' she replied.
''Yea, ok then.'' I said trying to laugh it off.
''Whatever, but you should know - he's got a girlfriend,'' she spoke with a smug look on her face.
''Like I care.'' I returned as my heart dropped to my stomach.
She turned and left. I collapsed in a heap on my bed. Defeated. How could he be so flirtacious with me and have a girlfriend at the same time? Well if he thinks he can do that and get away with it he's got another thing coming - it was time for me to play dirty . . . . . .

1 comment:

  1. uh oh! can't wait to see what's next! update soon!

    ReplyDelete